Saturday, June 12, 2004

so much for writings

Seems the original idea of posting writings on here doesn't work... won't accept long posts! ah well. Eat a banana.

So. Here's a thot.

I drive now. In fact, i've driven since last july 22nd (hehe, the inverse of pi... 7/22... 22/7 is a close approximation of pi... ok. 'nuff o' that). So, I've been able to get around. Some. I go to school 22 miles from my house in cincy (the school being in cincy, not my house), so my more recent--altho' timeless--friends are conveniently spread throughout cincy. In fact, two of the absolute closest are clear on the other side of 275.

Needless to say, i drive a fair amount.

Before I continue, I must say: I'm a nerd.

Ok, so as I drive, I look around. there's a lot of people around me. a _lot_ of people around me. There are people hurtling at speeds that would--will--kill them should something go wrong, hurtling in little metal boxes so I cannot speak with them. In fact, eye contact--the one possible interaction--is taboo and rare. These boxes isolate their inhabitants from not only the weather, but also all human contact with their palette of cds, dvds, seat adjusters, &c..

But these people are also performing vital functions(well, many of them. Perhaps there are a few more vagrant blood cells in these veins than an organic body could survive, but the social body is known for its extraordinary resilience), functions of economics and the business that drives America.

So this is our society:

People surround themselves in strong steel walls that do not save them in danger but rather separate them, doing things to give gasps to the body but isolation to themselves...

So is this our society?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home