Monday, December 31, 2007

Upping the ante... Oh my

So, I had a nice schedule for next quarter pretty much decided, then I get emails from two professors recommending that I take this seminar. One of those was from the OSU guy teaching the course, and the other is from my advisor, so I probably should, right? Plus, an internationally-renowned computational linguist will be co-teaching it. Thing is, I already had 25 hours on my schedule, and I really can't drop any of them without falling behind in a major or a minor. Thing also is that this is an 800-level seminar. So, of course, I am taking 30 hours next quarter, if my advisor will agree to increase my hours.

Ling 615: Psycholinguistics, 5 hours
CS&E 779: Neural Networks, 3 hours
Phil 663: Metaphysics, 5 hours
Psych 699: Developmental Language and Cognition Lab Research, 3 hours
Ling 795.03: Phonies, 2 hours
Ling 795.04: Clippers, 1 hour
Ling 795.10: Sanskrit Reading Group, 1 hour
Ling H783: Honors Thesis Research, 5 hours
And,
Ling 884: Seminar on Generating and Interpreting Referring Expressions, 5 hours

The way I figure, that's 18 or 19 hours of real classes, plus 12 or 11 hours of research groups/academic clubs which are basically extracurriculars that I happen to be getting credit for. And I can do 18 or 19 hours of classes easy. Right?

-=-raptur-=-

2 Comments:

Blogger krissy said...

you

are

insane.

I will see your mangled corpse at the end of the quarter, as your brain will have died and all the life will have been sucked out of your body.

enjoy!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Yensil blogs again! said...

I found that 12 hours a semester was about as much as I could hope to handle and come out with good grades...or in some cases, any grades. >_O
Incompletes are evil and turn to Fs eventually.
One of the many obstacles I may have to overcome when I go back to school.
I wander if I can just start over?

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home