Friday, January 25, 2008

Good Morning, Baltimore!

http://www.clsp.jhu.edu/ws08/application/

maybe I will be in Baltimore this summer? It's really competitive... we'll see

Also, I've been working on getting my website so it can serve as a sort of application.

http://ling.osu.edu/~jpate/

but the one definite bright spot in all of this is the following tidbit of advice I received this morning:

"This is academia and it's ok to be a bit quirky"

yes!

now I know I picked the right field :D

-=-raptur-=-

p.s.: if you google "john pate" (without quotes), my website is result number 9. yess!

2 Comments:

Blogger krissy said...

actually, your website didn't come up on my google search at all, at least not through page 6. maybe you became less popular in 10 minutes

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

# 9 entry:

"John Pate was a Colombo crime family gangster and later a mentally troubled turncoat."

I see why you became less popular. With a description like that, the average google searcher would certainly turn there for a good time.

#10 is kind of worriesome...

Product search results for john pate

Hondo $10.99 - DVD Empire
Stable Isotope ... $169.88 - TextbookX.com
Hondo $13.49 - Barnes & Noble.com
See john pate results available through Google Checkout

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home