Saturday, May 31, 2008

a year!?

Another school year done, whoa. "This Will Be My Year" by Semisonic just came on and got me feeling all sentimental and nostalgic about the last school year. So, in an effort to be maximally cheesy, here are a few things I've learned this year:

Norway is one incredible place.

A black politician with a platform somewhat left-of-center can be the favorite in a presidential race while _distancing_ his political views from religion. Maybe there's hope after all?

If my computer conks out I'm in trouble.

I don't have to drown myself in hours to be doing hard things or to be earning my scholarship.

On a related note, cake nights are good and I should stay even if I just lost my cell phone ;)

I can, contrary to the indignant expression of my junior bible teacher, be a big fish in a big sea (he said our choices for college came down to being either a big fish in a little pond or a little fish in a big sea).

I finally have a coherent and focused research question to build my lifetime research program. Ask me if you want details, because I will certainly tell you ;)

I really will be going to grad school in a year!? what!? abuh

um, that's all for now i think. back to work :D

-=-raptur-=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home